With so much gloom and doom about and a collective International mindset shaped by negative media coverage of events is it any wonder that individuals lack confidence. All this negative reporting becomes just a self-fulfilling prophecy.
It is now down to individuals to buck the trend and prosper because everyone else is falling in the same ‘I can’t do anything about it – trap. The only people I hear these days in the media who are speaking positively are entrepreneurs. Why? – because they are adaptable and can weather any financial storm.
Perhaps now, more than many new years of the past, is a good time for you to look inward – wonder if you are living life in the best possible way, and examine if there are things you’d like to change.
I believe it’s up to you to create a life that works, that feels right, and that makes you happy. But how in the world can you tell if you’re living your life to the fullest? I think that if you ask yourselves these following questions you will get a fair idea.
- Are you doing what you love most of the time? All of us do some things we don’t much care for, but if that’s all you do, you’re in trouble.
- Do you feel comfortable most of the time? your days shouldn’t be filled with anxiety or fear.
- Are you willing and able to take risks?
- Do you feel free to make mistakes without causing harsh criticism or catastrophe?
- Do you cut yourself enough slack to fail from time to time without making any undue fuss about it?
- Do you feel optimistic about the future, and confident that your plans will come to fruition?
- Do you feel that your life is one in which you can be your best self?
If you’ve answered “no” to any of these questions, it’s important to realize that you’re not doing yourself or anyone else a favour by tolerating these conditions.
Maybe it’s time to make some changes – invest in yourself – see how you can prosper when the rest are floundering. The first thing to do is get motivated and get a positive mindset. You could be one of the positive green shoots of recovery.