I feel a little strange at the moment writing about obesity and being overweight, because I now have my weight under control.
Is that control easy?
The answer is YES and the reason is that my behaviours and mindset are learned as a result of using self-hypnosis. My new weight mindset has given me new behaviours that are totally learned and permanent.
BUT let me first of all Offer Some Caution.
Self-Hypnosis WILL work AS LONG AS YOU WANT THE CHANGE.
My MOMENT Of Wanting To Change
Until I was forty I was basically TOO slim. After that, the middle age ballooning gradually crept upon me. I ignored most of the visible clues like having to use different holes on my belt, and the large numbers on the scales.
My own self image was that I was ok. In fact I thought that I looked right for many in his middle years.
Then came the awakening.
Babs (my better half) put some pictures (snaps!!) together in a frame and it was on our dining room wall.
I was shocked – yes really shocked when I saw this picture below. It was the moment that was decisive. My self image fantasy was exposed! I realised my justification about middle age rounding was rather self deluding!
What To Do?
Diets, surgery, hypnotherapy or what – I wanted a permanent change.
I looked into diets – but what restrictions, and there is so much evidence of yo yo results. A ‘no go’ area for permanent change.
Surgery did not appeal – besides which I wasn’t massively obese.
However Virtual Surgery with Hypnosis did appeal. You can go over the top with self-hypnosis and let the focused imagination get you to your desired results – permanently if done well.
Operating Table Bariatric Surgery or Virtual Hypnotic Gastric Band For Obesity
In the last couple of weeks obesity has been in the headlines. In fact the outgoing chief medical officer for England Prof Dame Sally Davies says children are “drowning in a flood of unhealthy food and drink options”. She has opened a public debate about adverts and banning eating food on local buses and trains.
Obesity is a growing problem throughout the developed world and is strongly correlated with ill health with a serious risk of ill health and then early death.
There was also another headline that caught my eye.
Obesity surgery can harm mental health.
A study has found that mental health problems including self harming, can increase after weight loss surgery. Researchers in Australia discovered that self harm was five times more common after gastric surgery operation than before.
Gastric Band Surgery – The Good News
In fact we are not talking about small numbers here in this study reported in the JAMA Psychiatric Journal. The Gastric Band surgery (Bariatric Surgery for Obesity) was carried out more than 6500 times in England in 2017 and 2018, that is an increase of almost 250% in a decade.
Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach, or by re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch
The surgery, can lead to dramatic weight loss. And even better there were also improvements in diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Gastric Band Surgery – The Not So Good Bits!
But there seems to be a downside with this physical surgery as There is concern that the surgery can exacerbate existing or underlying mental health problems.
Explanations range from
- disappointment, not losing as much weight as expected through to a surgery altering levels of hormones, and gut bacteria that might affect the brain.
- Obese patients are a vulnerable population when it comes to mental health, with as many as 40% having a pre-existing issues.
- While bariatric surgery is the most reliable form of sustained weight loss. However there is still a high number of patients who who fail to lose the expected weight and or develop complications. Such a failure to meet original weight loss expectations could lead to increased anxiety and depression.
- Tam Fry chairman of the National obesity forum said it was vital that patients receive psychiatric backup both before and after their operation.
However Surgery is Surgery and there can be all sorts of Side Effects – Physical as well as Mental.
The operation is now very safe.
Nonetheless, every single surgical operation carries some risks, in particular the risk of blood clots which can be increased with seriously overweight patients.
The other major disadvantage of physical surgery is cost which can be several thousand pounds to have the operation.
Both of these disadvantages are eliminated with a hypnotic gastric band.
Virtual Hypnotic Gastric Band – An Alternative Approach
Hypnotic suggestion works best with those with the right mindset and if you want the change!
HYPNOTIC GASTRIC BAND is a non-surgical ‘mind simulation surgery’
Gastric Hypnotherapy is a non-invasive form of weight loss hypnotherapy using suggestion and cognitive behavioural therapy to achieve the desired results.
There is no need to visit a hospital, doctor or nurse, ideal if you have a fear of any of these.
No form of hypnotherapy will work if you are not 100% committed.
Hypnotic Gastric band Is a scientific procedure. Also it can be used by people (a bit like me) who are overweight but not as obese as many that need surgical intervention. In other words without the risk you can go for this without the fear of surgical side effects
- You listen to an audible programme, you can be as sceptical as you like.
- You follow and focus on the audible instructions
- And suddenly, your eating habits start to change.
- You eat less.
- You leave food on your plate, and you don’t feel like you’re missing out.
- If you try to eat more, your body won’t let you
- It makes you feel full. If you try to over ride it.
- The weight drops off,
- You feel an overwhelming sense of liberation. And best of all it almost seems too good to be true.
I know this because I have used our Hypnotic Gastric Band set of self-hypnosis audios which is in our Hypnosis For Download store and our Self-Hypnosis Membership website.
Your hypnotic gastric band is a psychological procedure that convinces your mind that you’ve had a gastric band fitted, so your body behaves exactly as if you’ve had the gastric band
- Feeling happy with smaller portions and your stomach saying that’s enough
- Losing weight and enjoying your food.
- A hypnotic operation also resets and natural signalling system for your body so your brain knows when you’ve had enough to eat.
- You will simply find smaller portions completely satisfying
- You will naturally seek out the healthy nourishment your body
- You will discover that often you do not want to finish all that is on your plate.
- On the contrary, your body will give you a very clear undeniable signal that you’ve had plenty to eat long before the plate is cleared.
- When you reach your natural healthy body weight, the same hypnotic process will adjust your gastric band so that you continue to get all the nourishment your body requires.
I have now got a mindset where all of the behaviours that I took on board when following the Hypnotic Band process are now in place. The behaviours are working six years after going through the Hypnotic Gastric Band programme.
The snacking, second portions, eating too fast and all of the other stuff are gone.
BUT the best thing is that this Christmas – I will eat my food slowly and fully enjoy every mouthful – but in a controlled way.
Oh and Enjoy Your NEW body and the comments from friends and family.
Take your weight off of your mind – for good. Yes PERMANENTLY